.
What happens when a website says "not available for viewing in your country" ? maybe illegal downloading increases ?

Saturday, March 16, 2019

Ugly Kid Joe / Scatterbrain show SUCKED BALLS

In the early 1990s, I bought a ticket to their show at The Opera House in Toronto, as I was blown away and had a ton of fun in the pit at Scatterbrain's previous album tour... The Rivoli Club on Queen Street.

I wasted my time and money on this show.
The place was pretty empty, so maybe others knew in advance it would suck shit?

After the start of Ugly Kid Joe's set, I was bored and started reading a newspaper. They weren't heavy at all.
Not just the PA wasn't loud enough, but the songs seemed wimpy.
It was cool the singer ran around the floor and handed out the band's stickers during a guitar solo, but that didn't win me over. ...
and then around 2 years later they were this huge band on MTV and MuchMusic ?
Ugly Kid Joe sounded the same ... they still sucked and I couldn't figure out what others seen in them!

and then, ugh..Scatterbrain... I actually sat through the whole set....
ONLY LATER I was told this was their heroin tour....
dull / boring / nauseating

I was ripped off.
That might have been one of the last concerts I seen in the early 1990s besides Morbid Angel or Entombed.
Never cared again to see live shows, until the late 1990s being invited to a private gig featuring Griffin's new band which I think was ARYAN.

No comments:

Post a Comment