.
What happens when a website says "not available for viewing in your country" ? maybe illegal downloading increases ?

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Spooky hardcore punk



discogs info here

It took a friend (hi Skar !) to get me into The Misfits in the late 1990s.
I was a Ramones fan since forever, but around my highschool friends, just never heard any Samhain or Misfits. (This was YEARS before DANZIG.)
I really liked some of the MISFITS songs I heard Brian Tailor play on CKLN-FM Aggressive Rock in the mid-to-late1980s, but I REFUSED to jump on the bandwagon of being an uber-fan like a LOT of people claimed after The Misfits got the Metallica stamp of approval.
Not enough will admit it, but there were many posers in the late 80s/early 90s who wore THIS SHIRT


because Metallica did, and didn't even listen to the band !
(Photo Credit:  http://2fast2die.com/2012/03/cliff-burton-metallicas-mellow-misfit/  )

After I got into underground metal and hardcore/punk, I used to have a real problem liking certain artists or bands if I perceived them as being trendy.
NOW ?
I don't care. Does not mean I am going to advertise I like Kesha or Alcest, because I will also still boycott other "hip" shit (like GHOST).




MISFITS Boxed Set - 4 Discs 
@128
Thanks to the original uploader "neuro".

No comments:

Post a Comment